The ceiling fan in our sunroom had seen better days.
I spray painted the metal parts using Rustoleum's Oil Rubbed Bronze.
Then I was left with these.
Please disregard the oatmeal bowl in the sink and the coffee cup. Just keeping it real.
I searched Pinterest for ideas and found this one. I was a fan. Pun intended.
I started by painting my fan blades white. Then I laid them side by side and ran painters tape across them.
Please disregard the brad nailer on the makeshift table. I'm not sure why he's there. Don't be fooled, he was not part of this project.
I didn't measure or do much planning on this step. I just eyeballed it and put the colors in a random order based on which colors I wanted more of. I used two different widths of painters tape just to mix things up a bit.
Then I painted.
The reason I ran the tape across all five blades at the same time was to be consistent with my spacing. What I found out, however, is that afterwards I should have cut the tape between the blades and wrapped it around the blade. That would have given me the consistency and would have also given me cleaner lines.
Hindsight is 20/20, people.
I ended up with fuzzy lines.
I needed to do something about those lines. Enter washi tape. I love that stuff.
What started as a problem, turned into something I liked even better.
Like I said, I'm a fan.
I'll stop now.